Back to Community Directory
Advocacy & Law
- Arizona TransAlliance promotes the equality and equity of Trans (transsexual, transgender and gender-variant persons) throughout Arizona. Search “Arizona TransAlliance” on Facebook.
- Black Trans Advocacy is a national social justice organization working to advance social equality for all disenfranchised people, with specific focus on inequities faced in the black and transgender human experience.
- The National Center for Transgender Equality is a national social justice organization devoted to ending discrimination and violence against transgender people.
transequality.org | facebook.com/transequalitynow
- Transgender Law Center changes law, policy and attitudes so that all people can live safely, authentically and free from discrimination regardless of their gender identity or expression.
- Transgender Law & Policy Institute is a nonprofit organization dedicated to engaging in effective advocacy for transgender people in our society.
- Trans-Queer Pueblo is an autonomous LGBTQ+ migrant community of color that works wherever we find our people, creating cycles of mutual support that cultivate leadership to generate the community power that will liberate our bodies and minds from systems of oppression toward justice for all people.
facebook.com/transqueerpueblo | firstname.lastname@example.org | 480-849-3797
Social & Support Groups
- Arizona Transgender is a social and support group for the transgender community and its supporters that gathers together for meetups, events and outings at bars, clubs, private residences, restaurants, special events and other venues. We are here to make friends; this is not a dating site.
- Arizona Trans Youth and Parent Organization (AZ TYPO) is a Phoenix-based support group that provides parents, family, friends and caretakers of transgender children a common space to share struggles and successes, discuss challenges and concerns while providing emotional support and guidance through monthly meetings. Search “Arizona Trans Youth and Parent Organization” on Facebook.
- Dating for Mature Trans Women and Mature Cross Dressers answers the question: Where do I go to date? This group is open to straight, bisexual and questioning trans women looking for friends to talk over worries and fears together as we re-enter the dating scene. We ask only that you are either a mature (age 50 and up) trans woman (pre-op, post-op, no-op, never op) or a confirmed cross dresser.
- Phoenix Area Trans & Out is for transgender/transsexual people who are committed to living an out and authentic life and looking to meet others with similar experiences.
- TransMentors International provides support and assistance to transgender-identified men, women and youth; mentoring, resources, emergencies, safe housing, local support groups and more.
- Trans Spectrum of Arizona (TSAZ) provides programming for transgender support and socializing through Trans-masculine, Trans-feminine, Significant Others, Family, Friends and Allies (SOFFA) and Gender Non-Conforming support groups/spaces.
facebook.com/transspectrumaz | transspectrum.org | email@example.com
- TransWomen of Color Collective is a grass-roots funded global initiative created to offer opportunities for trans people of color, families and comrades to engage in healing, foster kinship and build community.
twocc.us | facebook.com/twocc.us
- TransYouth Family Allies empowers children and families by partnering with educators, service providers and communities, to develop supportive environments in which gender may be expressed and respected.
imatyfa.org | info@imatyfa
- We Exist Phoenix is a movement for non-binary gender identity awareness and equality.
facebook.com/weexistphoenix | weexist.co